I am an educational psychologist in Parkhurst and in Centurion. The psychological fields that intrigue me are acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, career counselling, anxiety treatment, and any mental disorders that have an impact on learning and development.
I’m also intrigued by the psychological uses and impact of social media on adolescents.
I have been honoured to talk on various radio and television shows which include RSG, Power FM, Kaya FM, Rise FM, Tygerberg FM and Radio Pretoria. I was also granted the opportunity to be provide advice on topic ranging from career counselling, examinations and the world of work. The channels include, Kyknet, eNCA and SABC News.
In 2016 I presented at the International Congress of Psychology in Yokohama, Japan. The presentation was titled: Exploring the use of Facebook as a tool to enhance the career construction journeys of Grade 11 adolescents at a high school.
I have been a lecturer at the South African College of Applied Psychology since 2014.
So how can I be helpful to you?
- Manage difficult emotions with a sense of calm and learn the ability to take appropriate responsibility
- Improve your decision making
- Maintain a healthy balance between work and family time
- Set strong personal boundaries and have respectful relationships
- Communicate more assertively with friends or family
- Improve your self-confidence or self-esteem
- Learn how to calm yourself in stressful situations
- Deal with difficult life transitions (divorce, new schools or loss)
- Feel more focused during tests and examinations
- Feel more prepared for their examinations
My Qualifications Include
- M.Ed Educational Psychology (UJ) MA(UJ)
- B Ed(Hons)(Ed Psych)(UJ) BA(Hons)(UJ); BA(UJ)