Social Media Ethics for Health Professionals
4 Ethics CEU Points Level 2
- Ever wondered if you can accept a friend request from a client?
- Can you Google your clients?
- What can I do if my client creates a hate site?
- What are the best practices for my website not to be hacked?
Social media has changed the ways in which we relate to the world and one another. Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Youtube have become part of the daily communication and self-expression channels for many people. This ‘new’ technology presents various ethical challenges for health professionals. The potential ethical dilemmas presented by social media is highlighted in the CEU workshop.
The workshop will address:
- The growth of social media
- The types social media platforms
- The law and social media
- Ethics and social media
- Advice and tips